Sunday, March 1, 2015

#HealthGoals




A new month is right around the corner and that has given us time to reflect on the past and dream about our future... February was a test for us and despite a few hiccups along the way, we passed it!

Lessons from February
1. ALWAYS TAKE A SNACK!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!
2. A gallon of water a day won't kill you, just pace it out throughout the day and you will survive:)
3.  DON'T FORGET YOUR SNACKS!!
4.If you get discouraged or tired during your cardio session try to break it up into smaller circuits and don't be afraid to mix it up
5. Meal prep is worth it. Like Nike said, JUST DO IT. It's nothing like coming home after a long day to a fresh ready made salad or a bowl of warm soup.
6. JUICING IS LIFE.
7. Oh yea. Those snacks. Don't forget them:)
8.WHOLE FOODS IS AMAZEBALLS!!!
9. You don't always have to go to the gym to exercise! Dance, Bike, Go play laser tag with friends, make it fun!
10. Pack your Snacks,  Take a Lunch,  annnnd Meal Prep... #alladat #neverforget


                                 
So for this new month we want to kick it up a notch or two and get some cardio in at least  4 times a week. One thing we want to focus on is diversifying our exercise so we plan to go dancing on the weekend, try a random hike or two and maybe even something fun like a trampoline park:)




I personally would like to incorporate these workouts from the Black Women Losing Weight site into my daily fitness routine. I am thinking that I would do one set in before I go to work and another before bed. The site has it all, videos, suggestions, meal plans even an interactive message board! If you would like to try them as well click here and be sure to keep me posted on your progress! 

Sooooooooo even though there is snow outside I still have big dreams of running outside in the fresh with the wind at my back, feeling light as a feather and free as a bird. *** snaps back to reality***  Hey, a girl can dream right? Thankfully there is an app for people like me who have dreams of running across America like Forrest Gump but are seriously out of shape. Its called  Couch to 5K and it basically trains you through a series of walk/run sets how to run a 5K.  Hopefully along with this new month everything melts so that we can get on out and run! Our goal is to do the Color Run in April so we gotta get to movin'!



Last but not least I want to stay consistent with water. It was a struggle last month!! My mom is always telling me, "Destiny, you gotta drink that water! Hydration is key!".  My mom is usually ALWAYS right so I'm going to try my best to make her proud:)

What about you? Setting any goals for this month? Let me know in the comments section below!

3 comments:

  1. "Black women working out sets?" I would love to see a video of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for checking out the blog! I added the link to the workouts in the blog, you can also click here: http://www.blackweightlosssuccess.com/march2015challenge/

      Delete
    2. Hey! Thanks for checking out the blog! I added the link to the workouts in the blog, you can also click here: http://www.blackweightlosssuccess.com/march2015challenge/

      Delete